Montag, 16. April 2012

Tira Ringblade II

Here's the next post of my lovely Ringblade =)

After a cardboard failure, I chose to work with my all-favourite weapon material: isolation foam. It's similar to styrofoam, only smoother. If anyone knows the exact term in english, let me know. In german it's Styrodur or Jackodur.
The material comes in various strengths, I used 2cm in thickness. In the picture is a variant with a smooth surface, but actually I found that the structured one was  easier to work with (see 2nd picture).


Before I affixed this to my hoop, I shaped the blades. My lovely boyfriend thought of something really cool there.
First, I drew a line where the bevel (Term?) was to begin:


Then I put backing paper over it...


Now....let's iron it^^


The foam will melt and can be pressed down. The advantage over cutting the blades ist that there won't be any material loss, and it makes the spikes sturdier.


Please do this outside or in a well ventilated room. It stinks and the fumes are bound to be poisonous >.<

Well, that was the blade-shaping part. Stay tuned for fixing it to the hoop and loads of paperclay.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen