Sonntag, 22. April 2012

Tira Ringblade III

It's nearly finished! So it'll be a four-part blog for my Azi Dahaka =)

Next step, I fixed the isolation foam to the hoop. With screws. So simple. I thought that would break, but in fact, it stays on really well.


After that, I smeard the gap between hoop and foam with hot glue. Works well.


Blades are in place now. The whole thing got covered in paper clay (4 packs of flour-like paperclay). Then, it needs a whole lot of sanding, which was extremly annoying on those big areas, and broke a lot on the outer bevels. I'm not completely satisfied here.


After paperclay and sanding, they got covered in gesso so that they are all white.


Now, all blades are spraypainted in silver. They look a little like inverted klingon Bathlets now >.<


Before adding the ornaments, I shaded the blades a little with acrylic paint.


For the copper looking pieces, I decided to cover them in a similar looking fake suede. I thought of places in the sword that would be more comfortable to touch for Tira.
The ornaments are made of craftfoam, and I used the same method as in my Fran Helmet. They were painted golden later - which will be in my next post =)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen