Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2012

Eurocosplay Progress - Bustle

Now, I try to keep everone updated with my EC process. It's nice to see that the other contestants are fairly open with their costume choices as well. In Germany it's always a biiiiig secret.

So here's my progress (you can guess what it will be, but it will be obvious in a few posts ;D)



This is my base pattern (+ a backpart of a skirt). It has three darts in a total (the one in the back isnt' good to see).



After cutting and sewing the fabric, I applied bias tape for the boining. The lowest bone goes with the hem.


There is also a little piece of bias tape in each corner of the left side....






.. as well as in the upper middle. Later on a bone will be put in them in a diagonal direction to the others, so that it becomes more stable.


Here's the backpart of the skirt. As it is smaller than the rest, it'll keep the boning rounded and leans against my back.


Time to put the boning in and sew the backpart to the actual bustle part...


Since the bustle part is still a little too wide, I ruffled it, and then put the waistband over it.


Finished bustle^^

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hm, now i'm really curious what it will be :)
    I think it's from a movie, right?

    AntwortenLöschen